Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where have I been? I'll tell you.

The other day my usually less-than-insightful owner came to me with an idea; she had heard of people tracking the extraordinary adventures of their cats through GPS, perhaps the best use of technology since the Clapper:
http://www.gpscattrackers.com/

To me this seems like pulling the veil from what had once been a tantalizing mystery - where exactly do I go in the 9 hours I am alone? - but, I figured I'm already blogging, so I might as well give everyone the juicy info they've been dying to read. Plus, I can't afford a GPS, because, as you may or may not know, kitties are not very well paid, especially in this economy. So, without further ado, I give you Harold: A Day in the Life, or The Adventures of Harold,

(p.s. Kumar is the skipper)

9 a.m. Wander to food dish; empty. It has been a long and lonely hour since my morning feeding.
9:30 Wander back to food dish; still empty.
9:45: Take a longer walk to litter box, neglect to bury anything because it stinks and I want to get out.
10: Run to kitty castle in unusual display of energy and jump on Kumar, urging him to go clean out litter box because it still stinks in there.
10: 30: lick tail for 10 minutes because the rest is too far away from my mouth.
10:40: Convince Kumar that it is time to take to the high seas and sail far away from this prison with limited cups of kibble.
10:42: Look out window. See snow. Think we might have to revise plan.
6:30 p.m.: Wake up. Appears I slept through another day. Did not take to high seas. Did not bury poop. But did wake up just in time for dinner. A good day.

2 comments:

  1. That pic of Harold and Kumie is a little risque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that you've never heard of brotherly love, what with being from Chicago and all. Seriously, Shelley, I'm a bit disappointed and only slightly ashamed.

    ReplyDelete